Ninja, Tfue, The Myth, Shroud,… every rookie Fortnite player has heard of them. Every Fortnite player wants to be them. To be known as one of the greats is a cherished dream to all.
Here’s a compilation of best Fortnite keybinds to help you in your quest for game domination. Having a set of keybinds that works best for you is incredibly important, especially when playing the game at higher levels.
This is one of the Ten Commandments of Fortnite dutifully passed on to new players: build better. Your speed and accuracy in building and attacking will be determined by the level of comfort you have with your keyboard.
So read on to get more tips and the best Fortnite keybinds to improve your building skills.
How to change the keybinds
The default PC keybinds for Fortnite are as follows:
- Movement – W, A, S, D (forward, left, backward, right)
- Run – Left Shift
- Crouch – Left Control
- Wall – Z
- Floor – X
- Stairs – C
- Roof – V
- Trap – Y
- Place Building – Left Mouse Button
- Repair/Upgrade – H
- Rotate Building – R
- Change Building Material – Right Mouse Button
- Reset Building Edit – Right Mouse Button
To change your keybinds, go to the upper right corner of your screen, and click on the menu icon. Select the option for ‘Settings’ and then click on the icon that looks like the arrow keys in the keyboard.
You can change your keybinds from default to the best Fortnite keybinds from here.
- Detaching your mouse scroll from key commands will help you in avoiding embarrassing mishaps in the heat of the moment. It is easier to click furiously at a keyboard rather than scroll on your mouse. Most pros prefer setting key binds on their keyboards rather than using their mouse a lot.
- It is recommended to remove any prior command on your Left Shift key, and instead activate ‘always run’ in your options.
- Tfue, one of the best in the game, is known for his pro building skills. He prefers to keep all his building key binds around his movement keys of W, A, S, D to build whatever he needs quick as lightning. It is recommended that you should arrange your building key binds near your movement ones so that all your major moves are concentrated in one area of the keyboard.
- Tabs and Caps Lock are two very underutilized keys. Consider setting them for your map/inventory. Caps Lock is very reachable and hence can be used easily.
A list of best Fortnite keybinds as curated from numerous players is:
- Wall – Mouse Button 5
- Floor – Q
- Stairs -Mouse Button 4
- Roof – C
- Trap – T
- Use – E
- Building Edit – F
- Reload/Rotate – R
- Crouch – Left Ctrl
- Sprint By Default – On
- Inventory – Tab / I
- Map – M / Tab (If you aren’t using it for Inventory)
Remember, you should not blindly set keybinds according to what other players use. The keybinds must be configured according to your comfort, hand size, ease of navigating keyboard etc. to help build muscle memory.